Singer 14T968DC Serger Review
A Serger machine for all levels of sewers
The Singer 14T968DC serger is both a serger and a cover stitch machine, ideal for professional projects and home sewing as well. This serger machine offers versatility and adjustable stitch variety. The Singer 14T968DC is suitable for all skill levels.
I like this machine for the following reasons:
- it’s fast
- the variety of stitches
- has self-adjusting tension
- heavy duty frame
Explore the buying options below
Key Features of the Singer 14T968DC Serger
- 14 built-in stitch options,
- capability with 2-3-4-5 thread overlock
- adjusts both length and width
- Stitch Width: 3.0 to 9.8 mm
- Differential Feed: 0.6 to 2
- Maximum of 1,300 stitches per minute
- 4 built-in stitch rolled hems
- a unique double chain stitch
- Self-adjusting tensions
- 25-year limited warranty
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 10.5 x 11.5 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight 18.6 lbs
The Singer 14T968DC serger has 7 presser feet included:
- blind stitch
Stitch options of the Singer 14T968DC
- Double chain stitch
- 2-thread wrapped edge overlock
- 2-thread overedge
- 3-thread overlock
- 3-thread flatlock
- 3-thread rolled hem
- 3-thread ultra-stretch mock safety stitch
- 4-thread ultra-stretch mock safety stitch
- 4-thread safety stitch
- 5-thread safety stitch (narrow)
- 5-thread safety stitch (wide)
- Cover stitch (narrow)
- Cover stitch (wide)
- Triple cover stitch
- high stitching speed with stitch quality.
- adjustable stitch length and width
- automatic tension adjustment
- metal frame
- quiet operation
- Pricey: it is a more expensive overlock machine
- Requires manual threading
- Heavy – although it is this frame which reduces the vibrations
Is the Singer 14T968DC serger recommended for beginning sewers?
Overall, there are elements which make the Singer 14T968DC suitable for beginning sewers as well as the more advanced. Take it slowly and learn the feature this machine has to offer and you will find this a valuable asset.
Color coded threading, the range of stitches and automatic tension adjustment are all positive features.
It’s cover stitch feature makes it different among serger sewing machines.
Thick fabrics are not a problem with the extra-high presser foot lift that gives the extra clearance.
A tip to save you the frustration I went through: the small lever inside the looper cover, attached to a looper, that must be switched to change from other stitching to cover stitching
Check out the prices and offers below